Give it up to alexxxcastro for her slam-dunk of a post on her blog!
Since I couldn’t leave a comment on her post, I wanted to give her a shout-out by re-blogging her and so glad to share her story and inspiration today!
- “She’s too fat to play with the girls. She’ll probably break the trampoline.”
- “I just don’t see myself dating a girl your size…But I really do like you and wish we could date.”
- “Your outfit is supposed to be for skinny girls, not big girls.”
- “You want to be an actress? I hate to say, but they don’t look for girls your size.”
- “We only carry sizes 1, 3, and 5. You could try Sears.”
All of these things have been said to my face at one point in my life. Well, except the last one. That was said to Regina George.
I was only 8 years old, at my friend’s birthday party, when I heard that first phrase from my friend’s mother. I remember thinking, “She’s right. I might break the trampoline and ruin the birthday party. I just don’t deserve to have fun with my friends.” Many of these…
View original post 905 more words